Make your own countdown timer.

Monday, October 3, 2011

fun weekend

Last week wasn't anything special, quite boring actually cause I was just dreaming of being back in mompiche the whole time. Friday though we got out of school at 11 because it was the year anniversary of the people trying to take down the predient, Rafael Carrea. Last year on Sept. 30th the police went after him trying to kill him and the military under Correas comand fought back. Anyways it was crazy times here in ecuador. I mean if you thought Bush had mad approval ratings, this guy probably has close to zero percent. Anyways so more than 10,000 people came into to quito on thursday night to march on friday. So most of the school got out early to avoid trafic form the people filled streets. Anways so went to a friends house with all my good buddies which was fun. Saturday i went to my cousins birthday party which was really fun cause all the family was there. Later with a big group of other exchange students and friends we all went out and had fun with eachother. Sunday was really fun as well because I got to go to my first soccer game here. Like most people know south and latin americans are crazy about their soccer teams, well let me tell you, that's a 100% right. It was Quito vs. Liga, two of the biggest teams in ecuador and both are out of quito so it's like a civil war. Families and friends are torn apart and it gets hostile at times, it's ridiculous. It's like the Red Sox and Yankee rival on steroids. In my family my mother and brother are for Quito, and sister and father are for Liga. And at the moment I'm neutral, but I need to decide before their next match in a few weeks. Anyways it was $8 to enter and the stadium isn't huge, but it's quite big. Half of the stadium was white for Liga and the other half red/blue for Quito. There were police and fences separting the fans of each team. Each side seemed to have endless chants and dances that went on the entire game. There's this mote around the field separting the stands from the field so people dont jump onto the field. Anyways from all teh streamers people were throwing the mote was filled with paper. So when some fans broke out the flares and threw them down there small fires started. To accompany this people would throwing m-80 like explosives in there as well adn would echo throughout the stadium. As for the soccer itself it was quite great. It's really high level play and it ended up in a tie 1-1. Needless to say though it was quite the experience for me and I loved it. OH and also at half time they kicked out some balls into the crowd and one happened to come my way and i just so happened to be taller than everyone here so it was quite an easy catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment