Make your own countdown timer.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

monthiversary


WOW! I can’t believe it’s been an entire month that I’ve been here in Ecuador. It’s crazy. It literally feels like I’ve been here for maybe two weeks. But at the same time when I think back on everything I realize how much I’ve gone through. Anyways today was a good day for my monthiversary. I went to school as normal but there wasn’t any class today because a lot of the teachers were at workshops. So my whole grade was in the auditorium for the entire day with a  few breaks watching movies for out classes and doing some group activities. So it was nice to switch it up a little and not have classes. After school I went to my brothers Capoeira class with him which was so much fun. I’ve always loved dancing and acrobatics so this was a great combination of everything. I’ve never done Capoeira before so it was a new experience for me but I gotta say it was awesome. Not to mention a GREAT workout, which I’ve been in much need of lately. I also got to meet other kids that aren’t in my school, which was nice for a change.  After that my dad came and picked us up and we went to get my sister at my aunts house and then went grocery shopping. In the store I really got one of my first feelings of being part of the family. I mean I’ve felt it before but something about today was different when we were all grocery shopping. I don’t know if it’s that its been a month, or if it was that I was helping picking stuff out and going around the store getting things, or if I cant some-what keep up in their conversations in Spanish now and can even pipe in. I don’t know but it feels great. When we got in the car I also told them that because it’s been a month that from now on no more English and only Spanish, unless it’s for a translation of a word or I need to understand something, otherwise it’s all Spanish. And the rest of the car ride home I actually had a full conversation with everyone, it was great.
            On Sunday I leave for my language/intro camp with all the other exchange students in Ecuador with Rotary. I’ll be there until Thursday and everyday it’s Spanish classes so hopefully I’ll be even better by this time next week. So my next update will probably be when I get back, unless something crazy happens in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment